Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things Bears Love

Hello everyone! I know you're all excited that I'm posting something new on my blog, but alas, I'm just here to tell you to go over to Things Bears Love.

I was inspired to post this after a serendipitous series of events, foremost of which was an in-depth conversation with my good buddy, Brucey Dickinson. He's my fabulous internet penpal, and he likes to hike. One day we were talking about backpacking, and why I don't do it (as if hefting a backpack over hill and dale wasn't reason enough), and the subject of bears came up.

"Oh heh heh," he said, "bears never bother me at all. And if they did, I would simply scare them away by waving my jacket and singing."

I didn't have much to contribute to the conversation, except to say that I didn't think that a little bit of jacket-waving and Cher-yodeling would frighten a death-proof murder-machine like a bear. And now, HERE'S THE PROOF. Things Bears Love, featuring a picture of me in a backpack as Exhibit the First.

And now you know why I don't go backpacking. It's because they're out there, watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment